IPSC at Cherokee
Pictures say a thousand words,
so here are a few thousand word-equivalents...
are video clips)
Georgia State Championship
- August 12-13, 2005. Cherokee
Gun Club hosts the 2005 GA State Championship Match.
- September 3, 2005.
Cherokee IPSC and GPSL
co-sponsor the third "Introduction to IPSC Shooting"
class put on by IPSC Grand Master Erik Lund.
- The Graduating Class of September '05: A
- April 2, 2005.
Cherokee IPSC and GPSL
co-sponsor the second "Fundamentals of IPSC Shooting"
class put on by IPSC Grand Master Erik Lund, with a guided
mini-match of 4 stages the next day. Jim
Scoutten of the Outdoor Life Network and Shooting
USA came and videotaped the class and match.
- Class Pictures: A
- The Graduating Class of April '05: A
- Jim Scoutten and videographer Greg Simmons are welcomed by
CGC member, class organizer and GPSL Treasurer Bob Elmore: A
- March 12, 2005.
McGeorge tries out his home-built, head-mounted video camera
to record Dan's Eye view of some field courses:
Stage 3 | 4
- January 8, 2005. In the depths
of Winter, Tee-shirt weather in Atlanta attracts 62 shooters for
a mix of speed-shoot and field courses: A
- October 9, 2004. Beginning of
the Fall season, a cool day brings out the shooters for the
usual fun and competition...
- Shooters assemble, shoot breeze and register before the
match begins: A
- Roger holds forth at the shooters briefing: A
- Fun for all the family - mom, dad and the boy: A
- Bay 3 has a stage set up with the Classic targets in a
"shoot them if you find them" arrangement: A
- Bay 5 has a permanent set-up for the cowboy town. This month
we use it for a challenging field course with 2 swingers
activated by a pressure plate, and a steel plate hidden behind
the black steel hard-cover, as well as steel and paper which
comes into view behind the facade and then disappears as you
move down the shooting box: A
- April 10, 2004. On a fine day
with a field of 77 shooters, you never know who will turn up for
the monthly Cherokee match ... Grand Masters, new shooters, kids
and dads, World Champions ...
- Tale of two Davids - Stage 5 (Paper Chase):
- Two ends of the spectrum - Stage 1 (Long and Low)
- Dave Sevigny, ROs Rob Whitley as he shoots his first
ever IPSC match stage:
- Unstoppable force meets the moveable object: Dave
Sevigny and the Texas Star
(P.S. new gun, 7 round mags)